How to Enjoy Music in the 21st Century
Published: December 30, 2013
• Go to Goodwill and buy yourself a good cassette deck, because tapes kick ass.
• Don’t listen to music on your iPhone’s internal speaker, you loser.
• If you don’t own a real stereo, you don’t really like music, and you’ve probably never heard your favorite music properly.
• Listen to the entire album, not just the first two minutes of each song.
• Sit in front of your stereo and be an active listener; music shouldn’t always just be sounds in the background or the soundtrack to driving around.
• Soak in the album artwork and enjoy the liner notes.
• Buy a real turntable and appreciate the aesthetics of listening to vinyl LPs.
• If you are dating someone who doesn’t have a record collection, consider dumping him/her.
• Beats by Dr. Dre headphones blow. Get some better ones with a non-famous name attached.
• If you keep hearing a local band’s name popping up all over the place, cruise to their Facebook or whatever page and give them a listen. Buy something from them, because the musicians are always last to get paid and they will be forever grateful for your measly $5.